DevSpace Technologies Inc. C/O SkyDeck, Penthouse, Suite 1300 2150 Shattuck Ave Berkeley, CA 94704 United States of America (email@example.com).
Please be aware that data transfer via the internet is subject to security risks and, therefore, complete protection against third-party access to transferred data cannot be ensured.
1. Data Collection
(1) Our website may be used without disclosing personal information. When you access or use our website, products or services, data may be stored, used and processed for various technical reasons. This may include, without limitation, your name, address, email address, Internet Protocol address (IP-address), internet service provider, date and time of your access, the website that linked you to our website (referrer URL) and the type and version of the browser and operating system you use. Information is considered personal if it can be used to identify an individual natural person.
(2) In order to provide our products and services, we need to collect, use and process some of your personal data, especially during registration for and login to our products and services. This includes your name, address and email address. We may also store your IP address and the date and time of your registration and login.
(3) If you use a product or service we require a fee for, we also collect your billing details.
(4) In some of our products and services, you may transfer or synchronize source code, files and other parts of your software or application to our products and services.
2. Use of Data
(1) Anonymous data, such as the type and version of your browser and operating system, is stored separately from any of your personal information. We may use this data for statistical purposes in order to improve our website, products and services.
(2) The information you provide for registration and login will be used to authenticate the use of our products and services. Your IP address and the date and time of your registration or login serve to protect us in the event of a third party improperly and without your knowledge using your data for registration for or login to our products and services. This information will not be transferred to third parties. It will not be matched to any information that may be collected by other components of our website.
(3) Your billing information will only be used for billing and payment purposes.
(4) We will not sell or disclose your personal data without your prior consent unless it is required by law.
(5) We may store, use, transform and process the source code, files and other parts of your software or application which you transfer or synchronize to our servers, products and services in order to make the use of our products and services available. We will not transfer this information to third parties. We will only make those parts of this information public if it is needed to execute and display your software or application.
(1) “Cookies” are small text files sent to your internet browser which are downloaded and stored on your computer. By using these cookies, it is possible to recognize repeated use of our website, products and services by the same user. In most cases, we use so-called "session cookies" that are deleted once you leave our website. However, there are also “temporary cookies” which are stored for a longer period of time or indefinitely.
(2) We use such cookies to improve your experience and the general functionality of our website, products and services.
(3) We will not use data collected by cookies to determine the personal identity of individual users.
(1) You may subscribe to our newsletter on our website or during registration for our products and services. The newsletter will provide you periodically with information about our products and services. You need to provide us with a valid email address to subscribe and receive our newsletter. When you subscribe to our newsletter, we will store your IP-address and the date and time of your subscription. This helps to protect us if a third party improperly and without your knowledge uses your email address to subscribe to our newsletter.
(2) The data collected during the subscription for the newsletter is used solely for the purpose of providing you with our newsletter. You may cancel your subscription to the newsletter at any time by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org informing us about your cancellation. You will find additional details in each newsletter.
(1) We may send emails to the email-address you provide us during registration. This includes the email-address you provide us by registering to our products and services with other services, e.g. GitHub.
6. Tracking Pixels
(1) Tracking Pixels are usually small or invisible images embedded in a website or email. These Tracking Pixels are downloaded when the website or email they are embedded in is accessed with a graphic browser or email reader. By downloading the Tracking Pixel, the operator using the Tracking Pixel can collect data about the user, such as the browser version, the fact that the user visited the website or read the email and the time and date of the access.
(2) We use these Tracking Pixels in some of our emails and newsletters to generate user statistics and to improve the content of our emails and newsletters. We collected the information provided via Tracking Pixels in pseudonymized form and do not associate it with other personal information.
(3) You may prevent the download of Tracking Pixels by adjusting the settings in your email reader. You can also prevent the use of Tracking Pixels (opt-out) by sending an email to email@example.com informing us that you do not want to receive Tracking Pixels.
7. Content Delivery Networks (CDN)
(1) Some of the resources on our website or in our products and services are provided by other providers, such as Google Fonts, a service of Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA (“Google“) or MaxCDN, a service of NetDNA, LLC., 2021 McKinney Ave., Suite 1100, Dallas, TX 75201, USA. A request to our website, products and services can lead to a request to the website or other resources of these providers. By receiving such requests, these providers may collect data such as your IP address. We will not directly transfer your data to them.
(2) We use these CDNs to improve the speed at which we can provide you our website, products and services.
8. Crisp Chat
(1) We use the chat tool “Crisp Chat” provided by Crisp IM SARL, 2 Boulevard de Launay, 44100 Nantes, France (“Crisp”) to communicate with you and to improve the user experience.
(2) We use Crisp to send messages and emails to you and to help you with issues. To do this, we send the contact information you provided during registration to Crisp, e.g. your username and your email-address. We further send information about the website that sent you to our website, products and services (referrer URL), your browser and your location. This information will be stored on servers of Crisp in the European Union.
(1) We use “Google Analytics”, a web analytics service provided by Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA (“Google“). Google Analytics uses “cookies“, small text files sent to your internet browser, which are downloaded and stored on your computer, which are used to analyze your use of a website to improve the user experience.
(2) The information generated by these cookies about your use of the website, including your IP address, will be transmitted to and stored by Google in the United States of America.
(3) We gather data about which websites you visit, which buttons you click, when and how long you visit our website and products and services and how you interact with our website, products and services.
(4) We use the User-ID feature that allows Google Analytics to connect your usage during different sessions and across different devices to one single session, e.g. we can identify you as one user before and after you have logged in. We do not send data to Google Analytics that would allow Google to personally identify an individual.
(5) We use Google Analytics with IP anonymization. This means that Google anonymizes the last octet of your IP address before transferring it from the European Union or other parties to the Agreement on the European Economic Area to the USA. The complete IP-address is sent to Google servers in the USA and anonymized there only in exceptional cases.
(6) Google will use this information to evaluate your use of our website and our products and services, to compile reports on website activity for us, and to provide us with other services related to website-, product-, service- and internet usage. Google may also transfer this information to third parties if this is required by law or to the extent this data is processed by third parties on Google´s behalf.
(7) Google will not associate your IP address with other data held by Google.
(8) You may prevent the use and storage of cookies by adjusting your browser settings. Please note that this may compromise your experience and use of our website, products and services.
(9) You may also prevent the collection and use of your data by Google, including cookies and your IP-address, by downloading and installing a browser plug-in provided by Google. This plug-in and more information about it are available here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en
10. Google AdWords
(1) Our website uses the ad tool "Google-AdWords", specifically the “Conversion-Tracking” tool of Google-AdWords, provided by Google. If you access our website by clicking on an advertisement provided by Google, a cookie for conversion-tracking (“Conversion-Cookie”) is stored on your computer. A Conversion-Cookie is valid for 30 days and will not be used to identify you personally.
(2) By visiting certain pages of our website with a valid cookie on your computer, we and Google know that you have clicked on the advertisement provided by Google and that you were redirected to this page of our website.
(3) The information collected by using the Conversion-Cookie are used to compile reports about conversions and our website. These reports include the number of visitors clicking on the advertisement provided by Google and which page of our website the visitors were redirected to. We do not get any personal information nor any information that could be used to personally identify visitors.
(4) You may prevent the use and storage of Conversion-Cookies cookies by adjusting your browser settings.
(1) We use “Google Cloud Platform”, a cloud platform service, provided by Google to run some of our websites, products and services.
(2) Your Data that we store and process is stored and processed on servers provided by Google. These servers can be located outside of the European Union, specifically they can be located in the United States of America.
(1) Our website, products and services uses the service “Google Remarketing” provided by Google. If you access our website, products and services, a cookie is stored on your computer. This cookie can be used by Google to recognize you as a visitor of our website when you visit other websites within the Google network. On these other websites, Google may then display advertisements that are adapted to your interests based on the information collected from your visit of our website. Google does not collect any personal information with the cookies used by Google Remarketing.
(2) We use the Google Remarketing service to improve our advertisements, so we can make offers more relevant for you.
(3) You may prevent the use and storage of cookies for Google Remarketing by adjusting your browser settings.
(4) You may also prevent the use and storage of cookies for Google Remarketing by adjusting the Google advertisements setting here: https://adssettings.google.com
13. Facebook Pixel
(1) We use the service “Facebook Pixel” provided by Facebook Inc., 1 Hacker Way, 94025 Menlo Park, USA, and Facebook Ireland Limited, 4 Grand Canal Square, Dublin 2, Ireland (“Facebook”). We use the Facebook Pixel to analyze and optimize our products and services.
(2) By using the Facebook Pixel, Facebook can determine the visitors and users of our products and services and can use this information to display advertisements (“Facebook-Ads”). Facebook may associate this information with other information Facebook has stored about you.
(3) The information generated by the Facebook Pixel about your use of our products and services may be transmitted to and stored by Facebook in the United States of America.
(4) Facebook will use the information gathered to optimize advertisement placements.
(1) We use “Netlify” to run some of our websites, products and services. Netlify is a service provided by Netlify, Inc., 2325 3rd St Suite 215, 94107 San Francisco, USA (“Netlify”).
(2) We use Netlify to host some of our websites, products and services. To provide this service, Netlify may store your access logs including your IP address for up to 30 days. This information will be transmitted to and stored by Netlify in the United States of America.
(1) We use the email services offered by SendGrid, Inc., 1801 California Street, Suite 500 Denver, Colorado 80202 (“SendGrid”). We use these services to send emails and newsletters to you. To use these services, we need to provide some data to SendGrid, this includes email contact lists and the subject of content of the emails.
(1) We electronically collect and process your application data for the purpose of completing the application process. If your application results in the conclusion of an employment contract, the data collected from you may be stored in your personnel file for purposes of normal organizational and administrative processes in compliance with appropriate legal requirements.
(2) Upon rejection of your application, data you have provided is automatically deleted two months after notification of rejection. This does not apply in such instances where, due to legal requirements (such as the burden of proof obligation stipulated in the Equal Treatment Act) a longer storage period is necessitated or when you expressly agreed to have your data stored for a longer period in our database of prospective applicants.
17. Information, Cancellation and Deletion
(1) You have the right to review your personal data collected by us. You also have the right to correct your data if it is out of date or incorrect. You may request the deletion of your data or withdraw your consent to the future use of your personal data at any time. However, your right to the deletion of data may be limited if we have any legal obligation to retain the data.
(2) You may contact us at no cost if you have any questions or request about the collection, processing, use, correction or deletion of your personal data by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.